Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election is over. Time to deliver

My fellow Americans. I am so glad the election is finally over. I have heard enough talk from politicians to fill two life times. I am thrilled the new resident for 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has been selected. The phone calls, the ads, the emails, and the door tags will stop. Now it is time to deliver.

To me this election has reminded me of the dog that runs off the porch to catch the car. Well, Mr. Obama, now that you caught hold of the bumper what do you plan to do with it?

It is wonderful to see the number of citizens that came out to vote. It was encouraging to see the number but disappointing at the same time. There are about 250 Million Americans. It appears that just over 100 Million voted. That is 150 Million south of the total.

The Congress is going to have to do something now. It is somewhat perplexing to me that so many incumbents that didn't do anything last term have been given the chance to return. The last session was one of the lamest in history.

Anyway, I'm sure the ads will start again in a few months. The donation requests will begin soon for the 2010 election.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'm with you on being thrilled to see so many Americans voting. Peter is with you on this post...just waiting to see where Obama will take the country. He has his work cut out for him, and the nation.