I absolutely love the Amazing Race. Lieber and I talk about trying to enter the contest all the time. Wouldn't it be great to race around the globe. It looks like fun.
On the other hand. There could be a few challenges:
1. Asking directions. I am lucky my spouse has a geography minor. She can read a map with the best of the land navigators. This keeps the getting lost and having to ask directions to a minimum.
2. Language barrier. I have a hard enough time mastering the English language. (Evidenced in this blog.) It cracks me up to watch people, Americans, try to communicate with people who speak a language foreign to our own. You know...a little slower and a little louder, until they understand.
3. Separation from Sweet Tea. You see it every week. The participants get sent to some exotic land that doesn't have the basics of food, American food. Sweet tea is an example. I have lived overseas so I will try the local fair. But, in my more advanced age I have begun to appreciate the fine things. Sweet Tea is my favorite drink and you just can't get the good stuff everywhere.
4. Wife wanted to know who would be her partner.....this is a potential area of conflict.
5. Decision Making method.. How do the team members not decide in advance to use a decision making method? You know, the potato method, one-potato, two-potato. Flip a coin, or pick a number. It just cracks me up to see the what do you think, now, what do you think while the other teams are shooting by.
We continue to consider trying to get on the program. Please leave comments about what you see the greatest challenges would be for you to join or once on the Amazing Race.