Sunday, February 17, 2008

Today is the SuperBowl of NASCAR

Gentlemen, start your engines. A whole new season of NASCAR is running today with the 50th running of the Daytona 500 in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Great American Race is on.

Where other sports spend the whole season waiting for the big race. NASCAR finds a time between the end of football and before the start of March Madness in Basketball to launch the monster race.

I know a gentlemen in Alabama who waits for this event all year long. He has followed the teams, the cars, the sponsors, and the race conditions. This is his biggest weekend of the year, behing his anniversary, the birth of his daughter, and the birthday of his lovely wife. But, I can tell you all of that is a very close second.

I can't wait to see who wins. Dale Earnhart, "Junior" came to a company meeting with his new sponsor, AMP. I would like to see him do well with his new team.

Let's see who can hold on to survive the race.

3 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

I was happy for Ryan Newman...it had been a while since he enjoyed victory :)

I love Nascar... :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Rhonda said...

My husband wanted oh so very badly to name one our kids AJ... so as to go with the Foyts name. I protested and Annelise is only Annelise Mercedes. So, no AJ Foyts.

Cynthia said...

Hey Busy Dad, I have a friend who is working NASCAR this year...that's a long season!