Friday, January 9, 2009

The Gift that keeps on giving

I would like to thank my sister for a very cool Christmas gift. On Christmas Day I opened a gift card from Barnes & Noble. We love bookstores, either live or online.

So later on Christmas Day I decided to do some book browsing. Then I found my choice. The Barnes & Noble Classic Series. In a few quick clicks on the Barnes and Noble website I was the proud owner of 15 new books.


A couple of days later two big boxes a arrived at the house.

This collection of books was under the Classics and Classics for boys.

Arabian Nights by Anonymous
Call of the Wild and White Fang by Jack London
Four Feathers by A. E. W. Mason
Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

Classics for boys:
Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
Kim by Rudyard Kipling
Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Stories by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift


Thanks Victoria, let the reading commence.

No comments: