Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm hooked on Facebook

Okay, confession time. I have a problem, kind of.. its called Facebook. Since I established an account I have found friends, family, former neighbors, fraternity brothers, roommates, people I have worked with, and people who knew these people. The fun is, I originally met these people while living all over the world, from grade school, high school. college, and other activities in life.

It has been lots of fun to reconnect with all of these very fine people. The problem I mentioned was that I can't help wanting to find them all. As soon as I find one I remember three others that I haven't seen, heard of, or thought about in more years than I care to remember.
My lovely wife is the one who introduced me to Facebook. The fun has been watching the number of contacts grow as we find individual and mutual friends that we have known over the years.
The reason I am making this statement on my blog is that all of my Facebook activity has caused me not to keep up with my blogging buddies. Okay, I'm scum. I'll try to do better. However, if you don't see updated blog posts....you might check in with me on Facebook.
Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

Facebook is extremely addictive! I also have reconnected with hundreds of people...it is a wonderful site!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

A Free Man said...

My problem with Facebook is that there are a lot of people with whom I don't want to be reunited. Don't know how to get around that one.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Yes---He is addicted! He has more friends than me on FB too! He says "It's not a contest....." blah blah blah. It's only Not a contest because he has more than me. If I had more friends than him then I bet It would be a contest! hahaha