Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cool Parent Watch: Camp Rock Spend the Night Party

I have reached a confusing time in my life. There are days when I am seen through the eyes of my crew as nerdy parent, the please don't embarass me parent, the please don't ever dance like that again in public parent, but I got to see a glimmer of the promised land this weekend.....Cool Parent.


Now mind you, this is not something I aspire to since I am secure in my adult parenting role. My kids have on more than one ocassion heard me explain, "You do not live in a Democracy, in my house you live in a benelovent dictatorship" If you don't believe me we can open negoitations with your mother on any topic....sorry lovely spouse, I couldn't help myself.


We had a Camp Rock spend the night party at our house! Oh! yea, who's your daddy? Doing the dance that the kids say reminds them of Baloo the Bear in Jungle Book.

There are Jonas Brothers in a Disney Movie. The young ladies in our house had a freiend over to watch the movie, spend the night, and play video games.

I am thrilled that Camp Rock is the new movie. Hopefully, I can see a tv that doesn't have High School Musical playing. Kids, just kidding.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Way out of my league here Busy Dad...I have no idea what Camp Rock is, and frankly I am a bit scared;)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Camp Rock is, but I have a feeling that I'm going to become familiar with It's descendents.